Geeklog is CMS with comments, spam protection and trackback support as like as many more. This make it blog oriented CMS. The comment form is a bit different than in other blogs. Here if you don't have an account, your name will be displayed "Anonymous User" and you can't change it. The other fields are "Comment Title" and "Comment". You can choose your comment to be HTML formatted or Plain Text. It has many skins and comfortable skin switcher. Geeklog has all traditional blog tools and also has events calendar, forum, statistics. Geeklog can be extended by many plug-ins. Geeklog requires PHP and MySQL.
1. Create a database in MySQL for Geeklog
2. Edit /scripts/geeklog/config.PHP
52. $_DB_user = 'DBuser or root';
53. $_DB_pass = 'DBpassword or empty';
57. $_DB_mysqldump_path = 'x:/yourpathto/mysql/bin/mysqldump.exe';
67. $_CONF['path'] = 'x:/Abyss-Root/scripts/geeklog/';
Please Note: The following line caused installs to go haywire before completion.
Completely remove this piece of code "$_CONF['path'] . " on line 73 ONLY!
3. Edit x:/Abyss-Root/htdocs/geeklog/lib-common.PHP
WARNING: DO NOT EDIT WITH DREAMWEAVER! EDIT WITH PHPEDIT OR NOTEPAD!
4. Go to http://ip/geeklog/admin/install/install.PHP